Understanding Dream People
Often when we dream, we find ourselves at centre stage of the dream. It makes perfect sense of course, because it is our dream. However, dreams may include other people we know, and people we do not recognize at all. What are our dreams trying to tell us?
Our waking life is a constant flow of changes in our every day life; our thoughts, feelings, circumstances, and our relationships. Our dreams and the people in these dreams are a reflection of all the aspects of our waking life. Sometimes we recognize the people in our dreams, and sometimes we don’t.
Dreams can be literal or symbolic. Where people are concerned in dreams, it is sometimes difficult to determine. Sometimes, when we dream of family or friends, it is because they are on our minds. However, often the message has a symbolic meaning, like dreaming of a stranger, which symbolizes a part of you that is repressed and hidden.
• Mothers represent a need for nurture and protection, and also suggest intuition.
• Fathers represent authority and discipline, and may suggest a need for logic.
• Grandparents indicate learning from experience, knowledge, wisdom and security. To dream that you are searching for your grandparents represents your need for the qualities they represent.
• A son represents your ideals and hopes; the youthful side of you. It also suggests potential and pride in achievement.
• A daughter often means that you need to support someone, either at home or at work. It also suggests considering your feminine side more closely.
• An older brother in your family represents authority, (like a father, but lacking the disciplinary quality).
• A sister in your family can represent a part of yourself that you are not in touch with (even if you are male).
• An older sister symbolizes capability, and a younger brother and sister both represent vulnerability.
• A child represents innocence, purity, simplicity and a carefree attitude. You may wish to return to your childhood, or you are trying to satisfy repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes.
• Dreams of pregnancy, giving birth and babies represent new ideas or new beginnings.
Friends, Co-workers and Lovers
• To see old school friends in your dream often indicates a need to resolve something from that time of your life, or it can also indicate a desire to return to carefree times when life held less responsibility.
• To dream of current close friends signifies protection from familiar bonds between yourself and the friends that appeared.
• Dreaming of current friends also often indicate that you will soon be experiencing happy and social times with people you care for and that you know care for you.
• To see an acquaintance in your dream represents aspects of yourself that you are still trying to get to know.
• To see a guest in your dream signifies new challenges and interests in your life.
• To see your co-workers in your dream highlights your waking relationship with them, including difficulties and support.
• Dreaming about those your work with in your waking life, for no apparent reason, pertains to ambition and competition.
• To dream of your lover symbolizes acceptance, self worth, and acknowledgement of your true inner value.
• To see a knight in your dream signifies honour and protection; a saviour, or ‘knight in shining armour’.
• To dream that you have a secret admirer suggests unknown positive aspects of yourself that you are trying to discover.