Increasing The Metabolism Easily
Weight loss has always been associated with losing weight. Increasing our metabolism is one of the best ways on how we can reach and maintain our ideal weight. Metabolism is responsible for converting the food we eat into energy. Increasing metabolism helps burn calories that will turn our fats to muscle thus easier for us to lose weight. Metabolism slows down as we age but there are natural ways on speeding up our metabolism without risking our health to drugs.
1. Understand metabolism or rate of metabolism. To make this easier, the rate of metabolism is the rate at which your body burns calories. Typically, overweight individuals have slower metabolism. And that is the main factor why it is difficult for them to lose weight. If you know that you easily become fat if you are not on a regular diet, then you know that you have a slow metabolism.
2. Don’t skip meals. This has been a common mistake for most people who are trying to lose weight. If a person skips a meal, the body’s tendency is to store more energy and burn less calories. Remember, don’t starve yourself.
3. Ingest small but regular meals. An average of about 4 to 6 meals a day. If we don’t put our body in starvation mode, burning of calories will not also lessen down. Advisable to eat healthy foods that are high in protein like fish, green leafy vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
4. Keep your body moving! With exercise, body fats will be reduced and more lean muscles will be developed. With more lean muscles in our body, the faster is our metabolism process. Walking long distances, stretching and carrying heavy loads for few minutes is already a form of exercise.
5. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. It is preferable to drink cold water and lemon juice for increase in metabolism because it will burn more calories. The lemon juice will cleanse the body from the inside.
6. Green tea. It has been proven that drinking of green tea will speed up our metabolism because it burns more calories than just plain water.
7. Have a good night sleep. Have 8 hours of sleep a night. As much as possible, sleep early. While you are asleep, your body generates the growth hormone which speeds up the metabolism process.
8. Regular intake of vitamins and minerals. It is necessary that we take in vitamins and minerals in the process of converting the food we eat into energy. Eating fruits and vegetables is number one in the list.
9. Nuts. According to studies, peanuts of any kind are high in calories and eating peanuts on a regular basis could increase the rate of metabolism.
10. Avoid stress. Stress causes the body to release a hormone called cortisol. This hormone is a speed of our metabolism.
Follow the ways and you will be lead to a healthy body that you desire.